CODE FOR SELF-DISCIPLINE
“Excellence is not a singular act but a habit. You are what you do repeatedly.”
In order to ensure that students attain their goals, there is a common code, which is clearly understood and practiced by all members of the community. The ideal state of discipline is self-regulation. When we do the right things without being watched, we are considered to be disciplined. Rules and codes are meant to provide a frame of reference for socially acceptable behaviour. Clarity of expectations promotes harmonious living wherein we can lead responsible fulfilled lives and become contributing members of society.
Students are expected to:
- contribute to a well-ordered learning environment by
- working to the best of their ability in lessons and on homework tasks and ensuring that all work is submitted timely.
- being properly equipped for school.
- show respect for others by
- being polite and courteous to each other and refraining from bullying, fighting, and name-calling.
- being polite, courteous, and honest with staff and listening to and carrying out instructions.
- act in a responsible manner by
- doing nothing to endanger a healthy, safe, and secure environment.
- ensuring forbidden items are not brought to school.
- keeping the school buildings and grounds clean and tidy.
- ensure the best possible attendance and punctuality.
- promote a positive image of the school by
- taking pride in the school uniform.
- behaving in a sensible and courteous manner when traveling to and from school.
- being polite and respectful to visitors.
The following practices are forbidden in school:
1. Absence from classes without the permission of the teacher/Vice-Principal/Principal.
2. Disrespectful behavior towards teachers or any other employee of the school.
3. Disobeying lawful orders of the teachers/Vice Principal/Principal.
4. Intentional disturbance of classes.
5. Bullying and rude behavior.
6. Showing disrespect towards girls.
7. Bringing unauthorized people/articles inside the school.
8. Indulging in violence or immoral activity.
9. Any behavior unbecoming of a student.
10. Theft/pilferage of school/student’s property.
11. Disfiguring or otherwise damaging any school property.
12. The school is a Tobacco-Free Zone.
Students must abide by the following rules:
1. Reach school in time. Three late arrivals will result in the student being sent back home.
2. Students (boys) must keep their hair short and beard clean shaved. Girls to keep their hair tied, use of nail paint/henna/jewelry is prohibited.
3. Carrying mobile phones or any other electronic gadget to school is prohibited. If a student is found in possession of any such gadget, it will be confiscated.
Non-adherence to the above acts and rules will invite penalty by the Disciplinary Committee.