Objective- To enable students to
- get an insight into the life of Mahatma Gandhi.
- acquaint them with the life and the great works of M.K. Gandhi.
- relate the information read in text books with the resources and literature available in the museum.
The students of classes VIII A and B got an opportunity to visit the Gandhi Memorial Museum and celebrate the ideals and achievements of Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation. The students witnessed the display of a rich collection of original relics, letters and correspondence belonging to the father of the nation. The most notable items in the collection are a Satyagraha woodcut by Willemia Muller Ogterop, one of Gandhi’s walking sticks, the shawl and dhoti worn by Gandhi when he was assassinated, one of the bullets that were used to kill Gandhi and his urn. The students learned about the important events related to the National Movement and related their experience with the knowledge they had gained in their classroom lessons. They also visited Rakab Ganj Gurudwara to pay their obeisance.
Learning Outcomes- The students-
- learnt about many other National leaders involved in the struggle for freedom.
- traced the history of India’s struggle for freedom and various movements started by Mahatma Gandhi to achieve the same.
- gained an insight into the life of Mahatma Gandhi and learnt from his principles.