Scaling Greater Heights....
Assessment is the process of gathering and evaluating information on what students know, understand, and can do.
We believe thoughtful and effective assessment will guide students through the five essential elements of learning:
- the acquisition of knowledge
- the understanding of concepts
- the mastering of skills
- the development of attitudes
- the decisions to take action
Considering the importance of an Assessment Framework, Gyan Devi Salwan Public School has developed a competency- based assessment framework, which includes competencies, sub-competencies and defined learning outcomes or indicators at various levels for literacy, numeracy, science/EVS, and other core elements of Language and Mathematics.
We assess the core concepts from the curriculum along with application and higher-order thinking skills.
- To develop students’ understanding of the skills required to succeed in the globalised world
- To determine students’ interests to make judgments about their learning process.
- To gather evidence on students’ strengths and areas of improvement
- To use assessment data to refine teaching and classroom practices
- To monitor students’ progress over time
Assessments are an essential and integral part of the learning process. The school follows two-pronged approach to Assessment of learning to assess competencies ie.
knowledge, skills and attitudes across the areas of development – physical, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual.
Observations of teachers reported in one Academic Year are organized under two categories:
1. Ongoing Assessments during each Unit
Ongoing Assessment is used by the teachers to continuously monitor students’ progress and give regular descriptive feedback. This guides students to reflect on their performance, take advice, and enhance their learning.
2. Comprehensive Assessment
Comprehensive Assessment is carried out towards the end of each term.
|Pre Primary||Nursery & KG|
|Lower Primary||Grades 1 & 2|
|Upper Primary||Grades 3, 4 & 5|
Scheme of Reporting
The year-long learning journey consists of the following
1. Nursery and KG
|Term 1||April to September||2|
|Term II||October to March||3|
2. Grades 1 to 5
|Term 1||April to September||3|
|Term II||October to March||3|
1.Nursery and KG
|Term 1||Progress Card||Mid October|
|Term II||Progress Card||Mid March|
2.Grades 1 to 5
|1st Quarter||Performance Profile||End July|
|Term I||Progress Card||Mid October|
|2nd Quarter||Performance Profile||End December|
|Term II||Progress Card||Mid-March|
CLASSES VI-IX and XI* (As per CBSE Guidelines)
VI-VIII – Language III Sanskrit
IX – X – Hindi/ Sanskrit
Streams for Class XI-XII
Science Stream: English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Physical Education, Biology/Computer Science/Physical Education/Economics.
Commerce Stream: English, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Mathematics/Physical Education
Humanities Stream: English, History, Pol. Science, Economics/Physical Education
1. It is mandatory for students to appear in all Examinations.
2. A student must obtain not less than 33% marks (in both: theory and internal assessment) in each of the five subjects separately and in aggregate in order to be declared as ‘Passed’.
3. If a student gets less than 33% in one subject, his/her promotion in the said subject will be as per the guidelines issued by CBSE.
4. Students will be awarded marks as well as grades.
*In order to be declared as ‘passed’, a candidate should obtain not less than 33% marks in each of the five subjects on a cumulative basis in theory and practical separately. (Class XI)
5. If a student gets less than 33 % in one subject, he/ she will be placed in a ‘compartment’ in the said subject as per CBSE rules.
G.D. Salwan Public School is a co-educational Senior Secondary School affiliated to CBSE.